Thursday, June 21, 2012

New Back Steps

Hey look, more concrete.




I'm not going to go on and on about the pump, or forms, or rebar, blah, blah, blah, today, as you are obviously a concrete expert by this time.  One new item for todays pour is the plastic on the siding, to protect the new paint from any concrete spashing up onto it.  That would be bad.  So bad.




Here, let me back up a little.




I'll move over a little to try to get an overview of the whole thing.
Hey, what the heck am I tripping over?




This?  What the heck??




Here, take a closer look.  I haven't the faintest what it might be used for.  Somthing concrete related, as that grey stuff all over it is concrete.




Anyway, back to the pour.




Oh, and here's the deck Chris finished.
It's swell.




Pouring steps.




This is the landing outside the downstairs door.  And a reflection of Chris in the door.  Working on the steps.



Steps.




Chris.





Looking through the garage at the concrete truck and driver.  As a plus you get a look at a couple of contractor behinds.  If that's your sort of thing.




Have we looked at Dan today?  Here he is working the concrete.




Here, I'll stand on the swell new deck and look at the guys.




Then I'll walk right to the end of the swell new deck and look at them again.




Concrete, pouring out of the hose.
It never gets old.




See what I mean?  Here's some more.  I just want to step in it.




This is called screeding.   Which is concrete finisher talk for taking a board and smoothing off the top to make it level.  See, you learned something new today.


No comments:

Post a Comment