Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Bunch of Miscellaneous

 
Because my life isn't only the house, here's a peek at what else we've been up to. 
This is Sport, who catches for his Little League Team.  He looks sad.  Trust me, he's not.  He loves to catch, and he loves this team.  I think I just got a bad camera angle.  



Here he is heading out to hit.




And here is the house!  With a new roof!  Can you believe it?  I went to work one day, came by the next morning on my way to work, and this is what it looked like!




Doesn't she look fantastic?




While the roofers were putting on the new roof, Dan and Chris were downstairs framing new walls.




They built out this nifty half wall to hide the foundation.




The walls are framed in from the OSB sheeting because the original foundation is thicker at the bottom than at the top.




Here I am putting some paint on a board.  Were doing samples to try to pick a new color for the outside of the house.  Originally, I wanted it to be yellow, because the  house has always been yellow.  But Chris wasn't on board with that, so we're trying some new colors.




And look who's come for a visit!  My Mom!




So here's one paint sample.




And here's the other.  I know, pretty similar, but this one's definitely lighter than the other, and I'm detecting a slight pink cast to this one that I am not liking at all.  As you can see, I make my decisions pretty quickly.  But we'll still leave them up for a few days so Chris can live with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment