Thursday, February 2, 2012

More Drainage Work

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink.

The small stream now running down the side of the house.  FYI, there hasn't been any more rain, this is just what's coming from under the house and draining out of the saturated ground.



Chris on the excavator, Dan in the ditch.  My Mother told me when I was young I'd better learn to drive the equipment, "Because if you're not on the tractor, you're on the shovel".  I doubt Chris gives Dan a choice in the matter of who's on the shovel.  Sorry Dan.



Dan, you look so tiny in that big ditch.



Watching the action from the garage.




Just an update on the backyard.



Looking down from the deck.



Another angle.  Isn't this fun?



Back to the front.  Chris dumping more drain rock in the ditch.  The ditch is 6 feet deep, with a layer of drainrock, then a perforated pipe to collect the subterranian water, more rock, then the pipe to which the downspouts will attach.  Thats the end of the downspout pipe in front of Dan.



Chris backing up.



I'm in the garage again.



Oh, that Chris, he's so funny.  I don't scare quite that easily though.



Obviously I was a little rattled, as I got the next picture sideways.



"Hey Dan, where do you need that rock?"



"Right here, boss".



One last view of the job.  See that jumbled up sidewalk and driveway apron?  That's all coming out soon.
Stay tuned!









No comments:

Post a Comment