Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oh-Oh

Remember the pictures I showed you yesterday of the flooded downstairs?  Well, obviously the property is in need of a new drainage system.  The pictures below show the beginning of that new system. 



All I can say is I'm glad I wasn't driving the excavator.  You know, because that happens so often.  (Hey, I could if I wanted to.)   Anyway, after burying it, Chris tried pulling himself out with the bucket, but the ground was so saturated, it just kept digging more holes.  So then Dan and the other guys grabbed the shovels and dug to expose the tracks.





Obviously shovels and boards were of no use.  In the end, it took the other tractor pulling, and most of the firewood that was stacked under the deck to get it out.  I missed that excitement, as I was at work.  Just as well, that stuff makes me too nervous.  I'm always worried someone is about to get hurt.  Plus I don't particularly enjoy all the cursing.

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment