Saturday, January 28, 2012

Garage Sale

Today is Saturday - garage sale day!  To keep you on your toes, I'm mixing things up a little and posting what we actually did today.  The pics below are of the items Sport and I sold at today at our garage sale. Chris and the big dog were duck hunting, so it fell to the little guy and I to dispose of the merchandise.  And sell we did.  I can sell anything.  See that broom to the right?  I sold it.  No joke.


 Here are a few other items in our sale.  Except for the chia pet.  Apparently it's been a lifelong ambition for Sport to own a chia pet.  It is now at our house sprouting lettuce.  Because lettuce was the only seed packet he could find in my gardening bag that was small enough for a chia pet.  Beans, not so much.  Personally I'm a little creeped out by the chia pet.  Look at those eyes.

 A little pre garage sale pic.  I like this one because of the stack of postal boxes.  I'll never see one again without thinking of this house.

 A little vintage Christmas section.

 Snoopy is about to go to a better home.  See that scrubbie on the corner of the table?  I sold it.

 Clown paintings.  I sold them.  And 2 more as well.

 More clowns.  At least these are happy clowns.

  A kitty teapot, holding sausages.  When I think of teapots, I don't tend to think of kitties holding sausages.  See the kitten placemats by her feet?

 Kitty puzzles.


A stovetop full of kitties.

A box full of kitties.


 No more kitty pictures, just a view of the left side of the garage.

 And here's the right.

 One last viewpoint.  We sold most of the things you see in this picture (see the broom on the back wall?), except for the stove.  Bedroom set, yes, stove, no.   Oh well, you can't win them all.

I'm sorry to say I don't have any pictures of the actual sale, I was just too busy!  Sport and I had a fabulous time.  We met neighbors, made deals, (Sport sold a desk and chair while I was out grabbing lunch and he and Grandma Martha ran the sale.  Apparently he quoted a woman a price for the desk, and told her he'd throw in the chair for free.  I wonder where he gets those mad selling skills?) and did our best to empty out the garage.  It was loads of fun.

I'll leave you with one last picture, of Sport taking down our signs.









  




No comments:

Post a Comment