Friday, April 13, 2012

More Walls

Wow, after the long break waiting for the permits, I got out of the habit of posting.  Luckily for us, the guys are jumping right back into construction much more smoothly than I am to posting.



So here's the living room.  Stacks of lumber, saws and sawhorses, and work lights.  I really love the framing of a house, with all the new wood smells.




Here I am over by the fireplace.  You can see the new entry closet by the front door.  Look at Chris's jacket hanging on a nail on the outside of it.  Isn't that just the sweetest?

I kid.



This is the dining area, full of sawhorses and plywood.




Here's Dan on a ladder.  I'm not sure what he's nailing up there.  Let's just say blocking.  Because it seems like they do an awful lot of blocking.  You'll notice the wall is down between the old nook and master bedroom.  It's being rebuilt a few feet over into the kitchen side to make room for a walk in closet in the bedroom.  So no more nook.




There's Chris walking through the door from the new master bath into the bedroom.




There's Dan again on that ladder.  And Sport and Case in the doorway from what was the nook onto the deck.
 
Do you know one of the things I love about blogging?  I can start a sentence with "And" if I want to.  Even thought I know it's poor grammar, and normally poor grammar makes me crazy.  (Don't even get me started on "your" vs "you're").  But it's my blog, and I can write what I want.  Although, now that I look at it, that And is starting to get under my skin.  I'd better move on.




Here I'm standing the in front bedroom.  You know what else is starting to get under my skin?  I'm starting every first sentence under the pictures with "Here" or "There".  Jeez-o-pete, I've got to stop overthinking this.




Still in the front bedroom, looking towards the two new bathrooms.




STILL in the front bedroom, looking through the closet to the front door.  I think I was just enamored with the look of the OSB stacked under the window.  So artsy.




Lets see.... Here I am standing in the new kitchen, looking through the new pantry at Sport sitting on a stack of lumber and looking out the front door.  There's Dan, still on his ladder.





I'll leave you with a last picture looking through the front door at the entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment